The bed will arrive in multiple packaging. Remove all loose packaging material before unpacking the contents. Most beds assemble the same and can be done quickly whether they are electric, semi electric or just manual beds. The Following Instructions are referenced from the Invacare Owner’s Manual
for your convenience:
Foot Section Package
- Include one-foot end section
If electronic, foot section package will also include
Head Section Package
- power supply with power cord
- Head, foot and hi/lo motors with cables
- One emergency crank handle
Assembling the Bed
- Includes One head end section
- Place the head section on its side to your left so the center mounting latches are on the right.
- Open the head section to a 45 degree to a 90-degree angle for support.
- Place the foot section on its side to your right with the head pull tube at the top of the assembly.
- The center mounting rivets should be on the left side.
- Place the head and foot sections 90 degrees from each other.
- Hook the bottom head section center mounting latch to the bottom of the foot section center mounting rivet.
- Hook the top head section center mounting latch to the bottom to the top foot section center mounting rivet.
- Push the sections into a horizontal position while keeping the sections on their sides.
Bed End Installation
- Lay the bed end flat on the floor.
- Insert the shaft of a locking caster assembly into the caster socket in the leg of one of the bed ends.
- Lock the caster to prevent excess bed movement during assembly.
- Repeat these 3 steps for the remaining casters.
Drive Shaft Installation
- Stand one bed end as close to the head section as possible.
- Grasp the head section by the side and raise it until the rivets on the corner plates of the section are high enough to place into the corner locks on the bed ends.
- Tilt the bed ends toward the head section and place the rivets into the corner locks.
- Return the bed end to its full upright position. The rivets will lock into place.
- Repeat the following procedure for the other bed end.
- Remove the plastic caps from each end of the drive shaft
- Press spring button on the inner shaft and insert the inner shaft into the outer shaft.
- Engage the spring button into the positioning hole.
- Attach the inner shaft to the bottom gear box output shaft on the head end of the bed.
- Push in on the spring-loaded end of the drive shaft and attach the foot end as follows:
- Attach drive shaft to the hi/lo motor output shaft facing head end of the bed.
- Attach the hi/lo motor to the foot end gear box as follows:
- Locate the hi/lo motor output shaft spring loader coupler.
- Ensure the hi/lo motor output shaft spring-loaded coupler is properly aligned with the foot end gear box.
- Release the hi/lo motor output shaft spring-loaded coupler by pushing in against the hi/lo motor output shaft spring-loaded coupler and turning clockwise.
- The coupling will release and engage the foot end top gear output shaft cross pins.
Install the mattress keepers by positioning it over the end slate and sliding it back until the tabs lock onto side rail.
Be sure to properly inspect the bed before patient use. Test all the features and troubleshoot if necessary.